Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
Daily Current Affairs PDF of 01st November 2019
Click Here to Subscribe Crack High Level Puzzles & Seating Arrangement Questions PDF 2019 Plan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
NirmalaSitharaman releases special commemorative coin of ParamahansaYogananda
- Finance Minister NirmalaSitharaman has released a special commemorative coin on ParamahansaYogananda to mark his 125th Birth Anniversary.
- ParamahansaYogananda was a great son of India, who became so recognized globally.
- The importance lies in his universal message of bringing harmony among mankind and making it so acceptable globally even when communications modes were limited.
Centre hikes e-payments target for FY20 to 45 billion
- The government is making changes in its digital payments road map as it has now increased the target for e-transactions in the financial year ending March 2020 to 45 billion (by volume) from 40 billion.
- The ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY) has also redistributed individual targets for banks and payments firms for the same period.
- The Noida-based Paytm’s payments bank and private sector lender HDFC Bank have seen their targets increasing the most.
- Paytm Payments Bank has to clock close to 1 billion additional transactions at over 5.9 billion from the earlier target of 5 billion, while HDFC Bank’s target has been increased to 3 billion from 2.5 billion earlier.
- State Bank of India (SBI), ICICI Bank and Axis Bank have seen a minor increase in their overall e-transaction targets. Smaller regional banks have also seen a hike in allocation for the current financial year.
Government accords ‘Maharatna’ status to Hindustan Petroleum, Power Grid Corp
- The government on Wednesday accorded ‘Maharatna’ status to state-owned Hindustan Petroleum and Power Grid Corporation
- These orders were issued by the Department of Public Enterprises, under the Ministry of Heavy Industry and Public Enterprises.
- The Boards of Maharatna central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) can make equity investments to undertake financial joint ventures and wholly owned subsidiaries and undertake mergers and acquisitions in India and abroad, subject to a ceiling of 15 per cent of he net worth of the concerned CPSE, limited to Rs 5,000 crore in one project.
- HPCL was incorporated in 1974 after the takeover and merger of erstwhile Esso Standard and Lube India through the Esso (Acquisition of Undertaking in India) Act passed by Parliament.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited is India’s largest electric power transmission utility firm. It is a listed company since 2007
|HPCL MD||M K Surana|
|PGCIL Chairman & MD||KandikuppaSreekant|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Tamil Nadu becomes first State to enact law on contract farming
- Tamil Nadu has become the first State in the country to enact a law on contract farming with President Ram NathKovind giving assent to the Agricultural Produce and Livestock Contract Farming and Services (Promotion and Facilitation) Act.
- In March 2018, the Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister O Panneerselvam while presenting the State Budget for 2018-19 said that the State would enact a contract farming law to sustain agricultural production and promote agro-processing industries.
- According to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, contract farming refers to varied formal and informal agreements between producers and processors or buyers. It may include loose buying arrangements, simple purchase agreements and supervised production with input provision, with tied loans and risk coverage.
- Contract farming usually involves the following basic elements – pre-agreed price, quality, quantity or acreage (minimum/maximum) and time (Manage 2003). Contracts can range from oral deals to formal, registered written contracts.
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
|Tamil Nadu CM||E. Palanisamy|
|Tamil Nadu Governor||BanwarilalPurohit|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
ICICI Bank crosses milestone of issuing 2 million FASTag, highest in India
- ICICI Bank announced that it has crossed a milestone of issuing 2 million FASTag till date, the most by any financial institution in the country. The Bank aims to double the number in next six months.
- FASTag is a brand name owned by Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL) which carries out electronic tolling and other ancillary projects of NHAI. This Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) tag is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle. It is an easy to use, reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets the vehicle pass through the toll plaza without stopping for cash transaction.
- ICICI Bank is by far the leader in the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) market in terms of value as well as volume. The Bank commands more than half of the market share in terms of the number of transactions on FASTag. In terms of value, the Bank’s share is even higher, at 60%, of the market. In September 2019, out of 29 million FASTag transactions across the industry, ICICI Bank undertook nearly 15.4 million transactions, totaling nearly Rs. 395 crore.
|ICICI Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|ICICI Bank Tagline||Hum Hain Na!|
|ICICI Bank MD & CEO||SandeepBakhshi|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Former Mumbai Police Commissioner DattaPadsalgikar appointed as Deputy NSA
- Former Mumbai Police Commissioner and Maharashtra DGP DattaPadsalgikarhas been appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor (NSA).
- Currently, there are two deputy NSAs, former RAW chief RajinderKhanna and former IFS officer Pankaj Saran.
- The Deputy NSAs are tasked to assist the National Security Advisor of India. The current NSA is AjitDoval.
Lt Gen ArvindDutta appointed Adjutant General of Indian Army
- Lieutenant General ArvindDutta has been appointed the next Adjutant General of the Indian Army.
- He will succeed Lieutenant Gen Ashwini Kumar, who will superannuate on October 31.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOUR
NawazuddinSiddiqui Awarded Golden Dragon at Cardiff International Film Festival
- Actor NawazuddinSiddiqui has been honoured with the prestigious Golden Dragon Award at the Cardiff International Film Festival for excellence in cinema in the global arena
- Veteran Hollywood actor Judi Dench also honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The festival was held from October 24 to 27. NawazuddinSiddiqui also served as an official jury member for the festival.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
35th ASEAN Summit begins in Bangkok
- The 35th ASEAN Summit began today in Bangkok. The summit will continue till November 4.
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is a group of ten member countries that encourages political,economic and social co-operation in the region.
- During five days summit East Asia summit (EAS) and Regional Comprehensive Economic Summit ( RCEP) will be also held.
- Apart from leaders of 10 Asean countries head of Eight dialogue partner countries including India, USA China, Japan , republic of Korea , Australia and New Zealand are also participating in the summit. The summit would discuss comprehensive and sustainable ASEAN economic development and on negotiations related to the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) including market opening.
- The RCEP is a proposed free trade agreement( FTA) between the ten members state of ASEAN and its parter countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Latest Guinness World Records Include 80 Indian Feats
- The longest hair on a teenager, the shortest woman alive, and the largest collection of paper cups are among the 80 record-breaking achievements by Indians that have made it to the latest edition of the Guinness World Records, publisher Penguin Random House.
- The book, “Guinness World Records 2020”, lists thousands of new record titles and holders that will “educate and entertain curious readers of all ages” across topics such as the classics amazing animals, jaw-dropping geography and spectacular sporting achievements to the cutting-edge including streaming, viral sports, robots, and artificial intelligence.
- While 16-year-old Nilanshi Patel recorded the longest hair on a teenager for her 5 ft 7 inches long hair, JyotiAmage of Nagpur made the cut for her 24.7 inch height, making her the shortest woman living (mobile).
- The record of “longest fingernails on a single hand” was achieved by ShridharChillal from Pune City who boasts of an aggregate length of 909.6 cm (358.1 in) on his left hand.
- Jotshna Mishra and DurgaCharan found themselves a place in the records for “The longest journey by scheduled public transport in a single country” by travelling for 29,119 km across India, from February 18 to March 30, 2018.
- V Sankaranarayanan from Tamil Nadu recorded the largest collection of paper cups with 736 units, while Naveen Kumar recorded the fastest time to skate under 10 bars at 2.06 seconds, the book noted.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIIT Hyderabad researchers create first ever Indian Brain atlas
- Researchers at the IIIT Hyderabad said that the first ever Indian Brain Atlas (IBA) has been created.
- They stated that the next step is to prepare atlases for different age groups to study age related affects on brain anatomy.
- The average brain size of an Indian was smaller in height, width and volume in comparison to people of the Caucasian and eastern races.
- Medical practitioners depend on Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan to decide on the line of treatment. The references they use are the one’s created by the Montreal Neurological Institute (MNI), based on Caucasian brains.
- The immediate implication of this finding can be seen in treatment outcomes of neurological problems or brain related ailments – like dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease etc.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India among top nations with most conducive environment for financial inclusion: Global Microscope report
- India is placed among the top nations with the most conducive environment for financial inclusion in terms of allowing non-banks to issue e-money, proportionate customer due diligence and effective consumer protection.
- According to The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2019 Global Microscope on Financial Inclusion report, the overall environment for financial inclusion has improved globally with India, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay and Mexico having the most favourable conditions for inclusive finance.
- Only four countries – Colombia, India, Jamaica and Uruguay – scored perfectly across all four parameters.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Shiva Thapa, Pooja Rani win gold at Olympic Test event for Boxing
- Shiva Thapa(63kg) and Pooja Rani (75kg) clinched gold medals with impressive wins, while Ashish (69kg) settled for a silver as India ended with a decent haul of seven medals at the Olympic Test Event for Boxing.
- The other four medals (bronze) came after semifinal losses of NikhatZareen (51kg), SimranjeetKaur (60kg), SumitSangwan (91kg) and Vahlimpuia (75kg).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran CPI leader GurudasDasgupta passes away
- Veteran communist leader and trade unionist GurudasDasgupta, considered a very capable parliamentarian, passed away after a long battle with cancer. He was 82.
- Dasgupta was a three-term RajyaSabha member. He was also elected to the LokSabha twice in 2004 and 2009.
Sadako Ogata, first female UN refugee chief, passes away
- Japan’s Sadako Ogata, the first woman appointed to head the UN’s refugee agency UNHCR, has passed away at the age of 92.
- Ogata was widely respected for her efforts to help refugees and internally displaced people around the world and emphasised making visits to conflict zones during her tenure from 1991-200
Telugu actress Geetanjali Ramakrishna passed away
- Veteran Telugu actress Geetanjali Ramakrishna has passed away
- The veteran actor had appeared in several films in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi, and had also worked with cinema giants like NT Rama Rao.
- Originally born as Mani in Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh, she was married to popular actor Ramakrishna
/ 5. Reviews