Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try the Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
Daily Current Affairs PDF of 7th June 2019
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Food Safety Day
- World Food Safety Day is celebrated on 7 June to draw global attention to the consequences of contaminated food and water to the health.
- Also, this day focuses on the way to reduce the risk of food poisoning. Safety of food is a key to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
|Theme 2019||“Food Safety, everyone’s business!”|
Financial Literacy Week
- Financial Literacy Weekis an initiative of RBI to promote awareness on key topics every year through a focused campaign.
- It is observed from June 3 to 7which focuses on how they can benefit by being a part of the formal banking system.
- The Theme focuses on how they can benefit by being a part of the formal banking system.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Russia launches first Arctic train service
- The first tourist train traveling through Russia’s Arctic region and on to Norway set off from Saint Petersburg station with 91 passengers aboard for the inaugural trial journey.
- The train, named “Zarengold” (“The Tsar’s gold” in German) complete with two restaurant cars will travel from Saint Petersburg through Petrozavodsk, the historic town of Kem and Murmansk.
- For the inaugural ” test journey” the 91 tourists came from seven countries including the US, Germany, Norway and Russia.
- The whole trip will take 11 days and allow passengers to discover areas difficult to access by other means
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi forms two Cabinet panels under his chairmanship to boost growth, jobs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on constituted two new Cabinet committees under his chairmanship to spur economic growth and investment and employment.
- The five-member Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth includes Home Minister Amit Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Road Transport and Highways and of MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari and Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
- Another 10-member Cabinet Committee on Employment and Skill Development has been formed which includes Shah, Sitharaman, Goyal, Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Narendra Singh Tomar, Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister Skill and Entrepreneurship Mahendra Nath Pandey and Ministers of State Santosh Kumar Gangwar (Labour) and Hardeep Singh Puri (Housing and Urban Affairs).
Tree bank inaugurated on World Environment Day
- A tree bank was inaugurated and around 3,000 saplings were planted at different locations of the Jamshedpur steel city on the occasion of the World Environment Day.
- Divisional Forest Officer (Dalbhum) Dr Abhisekh Kumar inaugurated the tree bank set up by the Jamshedpur Utility and Services Company (Jusco), a 100 per cent subsidiary of the Tata Steel.
- The tree bank will help to increase the green cover in and around the steel city.
Culture Minister to inaugurate exhibition-‘Unknown masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art’
- Culture Minister Prahalad Singh Patel will inaugurate the exhibition titled Unknown Masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art at National Museum in New Delhi.
- The Exhibition is being jointly organised by the National Museum and Home of Folk Art, Gurugram in which more than 240 artefacts will be on display.
- The aim of the exhibition is to highlight the Folk art tradition of Himachal Pradesh. It will remain open for public till 31st of next month.
|Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Culture; and Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Tourism|
|Union Minister||Prahalad Singh Patel|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Mumbai’s traffic flow worst in world, Delhi at fourth spot
- Traffic flow in Mumbai is the worst in the world while Delhi is close behind at fourth position, according to a new report detailing the traffic situation in 56 countries.
- Mumbai takes the top spot this year with drivers in the Indian city expecting to spend an average of 65 per cent extra travel time stuck in traffic.
- Next in the global rankings are Bogota (63 per cent), Lima (58 per cent), New Delhi (58 per cent) and Moscow (56 per cent), making up the top five most congested cities in the world.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
IRDAI Hikes Third party insurance on small, medium cars by 12-12.5%
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has increased the third party (TP) motor insurance premium for small and medium private cars by 12-12.5 per cent for 2019-20.
- It has also proposed a hike in TP premium for two-wheelers and heavy vehicles for the current year.
- The new rates will come into effect from June 16. The insurance regulator had in March deferred the hike in third party insurance premium due to the elections.
|IRDAI- Regulatory and Development Authority of India|
|Chairperson||Subhash Chandra Khuntia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Razorpay launches digital payment support for 100 currencies
- Razorpay, a converged payments solution company, announced that it now supports 100 currencies for international digital payments – including all popular currencies such as U.S. Dollar (USD), European Dollar (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Arab Emirates Dirham (AED) and Singapore Dollar (SGD).
- With this offering, the company aims to open new growth avenues for the MSME segment, by enabling them to accept payments from other countries.
- Razorpay’s International payments is integrated across the entire range of its product offering including Payment Gateway, Payment Links, Payment Pages, Subscriptions and Invoices.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Nigeria’s UN envoy Tijjani Muhammad-Bande elected UNGA President
- Nigeria’s Ambassador to the UN Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, elected as the next President of the General Assembly.
- The 61-year-old succeeds Ecuardorian María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés whose year long tenure ended on June 5, 2019.
- The 74th session of the 193-member UN General Assembly (UNGA 74) will begin on 17 September 2019.
P Jayadevan appointed IOCL executive director for TN, Pondy
- P Jayadevan has taken over as executive director of IndianOil Corporation Ltd for Tamil Nadu and Puducherry with immediate effect.
- He succeeds R Sitharthan.
- Prior to this, he was heading the chairman’s secretariat at the corporate office, New Delhi.
|IOCL- Indian Oil Corporation Limited|
|IRDAI Headquarters||New Delhi|
Wipro founder Azim Premji to retire next month, son Rishad to take over
- Azim Premji,the founder of Wipro Limited, will retire as Executive Chairman upon the completion of his current term on July 30, 2019.
- The son of Azim Premji, Rishad Premji,presently the Chief Strategy Officer and Member of the Board, will take over as the Executive Chairman.
- Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director Abidali Z. Neemuchwalawill be re-designated as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director. These changes will be effective July 31.
- Azim Premji, however, will continue to serve on the board as Non-Executive Director and Founder Chairman.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Tayari Jones wins 2019’s Women’s Prize for Fiction
- American author Tayari Jones has won this year’s £30,000 Women’s Prize for Fiction for her “heartbreaking” fourth novel An American Marriage (Oneworld).
- Professor Kate Williams presented the author with the £30,000 prize and the ‘Bessie’, a limited edition bronze figurine at an awards ceremony hosted by novelist and Prize founder Kate Mosse in Bedford Square Gardens, central London.
- The Women’s Prize for Fiction is one of the United Kingdom’s most prestigious literary prizes. It is awarded annually to a female author of any nationality for the best original full-length novel written in English
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
India Test Fires Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile from Chandipur Test Range
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos was test fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha.
- The anti-ship version of the missile was launched around noon from the launch complex-3 of the ITR, Defence Research and Development (DRDO).
- BrahMos is a joint venture between the DRDO and the NPOM of Russia.
- The highly versatile BrahMos has been operationalised in the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India-France to Hold Mega Air Exercise “Garuda VI” in July
- The Air Forces of India and France will carry out a two-week-long mega air exercise “Garuda VI” beginning July 1, 2019 at an air base in France to further boost to military-to-military ties between the two countries.
- From Indian side, a fleet of Sukhoi 30 fighter jets will engage in dogfights with France’s Rafale multirole aircraft in simulated scenarios as part of the exercise.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sunil Chhetri becomes India’s most capped international player
- Former India skipper Bhaichung Bhutia congratulated Sunil Chhetri after the latter overtook his record and became India’s most capped international player with 108 appearances.
- Chhetri overtook his mentor Bhutia’s record of 107 matches when he captained India in the King’s Cup opener against Curacao.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former UEFA president Lennart Johansson dies
- Former president of UEFA and FIFA honorary president Lennart Johansson has died at the age of 89.
- He ruled over European football from 1990 until 2007 and held the honorary role with FIFA from 2007 until his passing.
Uttarakhand finance minister Prakash Pant passes away
- Uttarkhand finance minister Prakash Pant passed away in the US.
- Prakash Pant was undergoing a treatment for lung ailment in the US.